Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An Unusual Inspiration



Brassai yet again. I really cannot seem to get enough of this wonderful photographer..

I don't know what it is, but I look at this photo and feel completely drawn to this woman. Do you not just want to interrogate her and find out her life story? I know I do.

Apart from that, I'm also completely inspired by this picture. Such glamorous things on an seemingly unglamorous woman. Even in their tattered state, everything still seems as opulent and rich as ever.

On another note, it seems as though I'm not the only person inspired by this picture. I saw it briefly flash on the screen whilst watching The September Issue. I nearly squealed when I saw my favorite bag lady on the silver screen.

scanned by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails