Monday, March 2, 2009

WTF? PUCCI? REALLY?

Pucci is one of those collections where I would judge if I wanted to see the rest of the collection based upon the first picture on style. One look at Pucci's brightly colored patterns and I was off to look at a different designer. The general look was never my thing. But they've undergone a tremendous face-lift thanks to their new designer Peter Dundas.

I personally like this collection a lot, but I can't decide if it's because I'm surprised as hell, or because it's really actually that great. Probably somewhere in between. I'm don't really know much about Pucci since I never really liked the look, but I feel like this collection might alienate its clientele. But then again, I was actually thinking about how Pucci, among other design houses, would utilize the prevailing trends seen in this season's fashion weeks. I suppose I got my answer.

I've separated the photos because I was having a hard time editing. I've separated them into general categories: fur, dresses, prints, and random shit. Click the pictures to make them bigger.






*images from style.com

3 comments:

  1. no f-ing way pucci! i've been waiting for them to do darker versions of their prints forever. . . but this is a whole different style all together. the third set down looks like it could be on a Balenciaga runway. lovin it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! love pucci this season. The fur is killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails