Sunday, February 22, 2009

Goodbye New York, Hello London

First off, thanks Luxirare for mentioning me in her blog. I was completely surprised to see that you recommended my little blog since I think so highly of yours!

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK THOUGHTS

I am SO SO SO SO (X 10000) happy that NY Fashion Week is finally over. Every season, I get so antsy when NY Fashion Week rolls around for the following reasons:

1) 75% of it is absolute bullshit to me (no offense)
2) Because I know that just around the corner is London Fashion Week (my second favorite after Paris).
3) This year, I felt like everything looked the same, and the shows I do usually like, let me dow. Even Alexander Wang was a complete disappointment. It wasn't awful, but I had high hopes. It basically gave me blue balls, and I don't even have a pair.

So here's a super vague, laundry list of my thoughts on NY Fashion Week.

Buy: William Rast, Miss Sixty, Deisel, Betsey, maybe Max Azria, Charlotte Ronson
Aspire to buy: TSE, Yigal Azrouel, Staerk, Calvin Klein, Koi, (also see inspired by)
Inspired by: Three As Four, Christian Cota, Ohne Titel, Elise Overland, Rodarte
Style like: Miss Sixty, Deisel, maybe Jill Stuart
DIY: Phillip Lim men's studded collar shirt.

Anywho, I didn't consider any complete collections this year would be a panty-dropping hot. Okay, maybe, just maybe Rodarte. I might post pictures later.

LONDON FASHION WEEK

Uhm.. no strong thoughts as of yet. However, I did like these looks from Charles Anastase's show. Make sure to enlarge the picture (by clicking) and check out the amazing boots!


And this look from Christopher Kane



I'll come back to post about Richard Nicoll.

*Photographs courtesy of Coutoture.

5 comments:

  1. i hate NEW YORK FASHION WEEK TOO! GOD!
    totally agree with you on this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about being snide!
    I already checked it out and there is some great stuff, I only realized a little after that this was REAL taxidermy. Everything was so unique and delicate. Hope you keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checked out your blog after reading the Luxirare shout-out and i think you've got something great going on here!!! my kind of blog! thanks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. New York Fashion week = let's look at the effects of the recession some more.

    It's never been the best, but damn was it depressing covering it and seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your post about the coffin couches. I've been telling everyone I see about them, and they all think I'm crazy. I can't wait until they come over and find that it's the only piece of furniture I own. It'll be great.

    Can't wait 'til the Luella pics are up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails