Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lace

Here are some more scans from an old issue of So-En magazine. This is pretty girly for my tastes, but I'm somehow drawn to it.

I actually love the vintage lace dress. It's probably more antique than vintage at this point. Anywho, I love that it has a patchwork quality to it while staying completely monochromatic. I really wish I could get my hands on a dress such as this one. It would be fun to play with different looks. I'd probably go for a Comme De Garcons bride meets Junya Watanabe's biker look.

On another note, I think it would be interesting to learn how to make REAL lace. The art of lace making seems to be dying out as generations pass on. Aw who the fuck am I kidding, I barely work on my sewing machine. I swear I have so many DIY projects that are half finished. Everything is pinned in place ready to sew on, but I somehow just pick up a new project instead. I suppose this a whole other entry unto itself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1925
Dress from 1925.

1740
This lace is from 1740.



All images from So-En Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails